Introduction:

In the world of corporate America, we find our morals tested to the brink of spiritual annihilation, our minds twisted in the distorted reality of business and our sanity lost to the illogical universe of capitalism. This is the tale of one art department's trials and tribulations in the white collar world we live in every day from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

My kingdom for some fresh air!

So every day, between Monday and Friday, I sit here for 7 .5 hours and stare at a screen.. all the while, an enemy sits above me. I call him Lord Vent of Bacteria (a.k.a. an air vent). Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? That a vent that seems to blow innocently on me should be such an enemy. Well it would be any ones, especially when you sit in a small room with no windows and no way to get any kind of fresh air. The only air that circulates in here comes from the air conditioner.. but really.. its only blowing out the air it takes in from here.

So what do we know about what these vents are pumping into this room.. Fungus?... maybe. Espestis?...a possibility. Bacteria?....most likely. Mold?..oh most definitely. Any time now I could suddenly keel over from the Black Lung. You start to notice things, people start sneezing more, a cold seems to last a month longer than normal, headaches occur more often..... not good signs. And it slowly dawns on me... I don't remember having allergies growing up or through high school or college.. and somehow within the first 6 months of working here.. I find myself allergy ridden. Bastards. Gotta love knowing that work makes you sick...literally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.